.

Ruồi Trâu Blog

The Soul of Home Stuffs


Our life is more and more convenient by the development of technology. From the broom to the dust cleaner robot, it’s a long story. With one we need use our power to push trash away, with the other, just only one push on the button the floor is all pure and neat. But the morden one may be not as good as the old one. The story that I’ll tell you right now, has something related to that.
As a normal child, I live together with my parents. My dad is a kind man. He teaches me a lot. When a man staying in his house, everything must be worked properly – that’s his idea and requirement. Don’t let your mum say “hey, Honey, the TV lost signal again, do we need to beat it time after time? ”. That’s why everything in my house has long-served time. And such the scene of my Dad riding the old bicycle to go to work early every morning will never fade out in my mind.
However, after graduation from the university and start making money, I would like to buy a new stuffs instead of repairing if it gets heavy malfunction. And with such old and unusable one, I will collect and put it to the trash can. One day morning, when watching in the kitchen, “Oh there are some blank, old and dirty plastic boxes”. I should buy a brand new one , with vacuum wall to keep things inside perfectly and the most application – microwave usable. Moreover, I found out a rusted and broken lock. Oh these could not stay in the house anymore. Did it on the word, I threw them into the trash can with no-mercy and went to work.
In the afternoon, after a tired working day, I came back home, oh my god! those boxes, cleaned now, and the rusted lock were smiling at me in the kitchen once again. This time, I covered them up with a bag and planned to threw it tomorrow. Unluckily, my action plan was failed. All of it could not leak out from my Dad’s eyes. Without any angriness, my Dad explained why he still wanted to keep those one. Many years ago, when my family was still poor and sometimes shortage of food, those boxes had a special duty, keeping sugar, wheat flour and many things from ants, flies and cockroaches. They were still together with our family living through flooding season, when everything was covered by water. And so this rusted lock, it kept our home safe from thiefs and everyone could feel comfortable. He said to me: Son, you sometimes, should see the things identically as a part of your life. It’s completely not dull objects. The time and memories could make them to be like alive one, with soul.
When you are young and crazy, as me at that time, I just though about it very simply. I still bought new boxes but left the old one to my Dad. But as I growing up, I realize that my Dad’s story is still meaningful. Things are changing as time goes by, but the relationship is still remained forever.